LP Dance in Education is a dance consultancy business offering high quality educational dance services to Local Education Authorities, Higher Education Institutions (Trainee Teachers), Schools & Private Nurseries.
Theses services include:
- Continued Professional Development (CPD) training packages,
- Schemes of work and teaching resources
- Advisory Work (Teaching a class alongside training the class teacher also includes schemes of work and resources)
- Teaching (includes schemes of work and resources)
- Creative Educational Dance Programmes Early Years- KS4 (Lunch time and after school dance clubs)
- Theme dance workshops and choreography for festivals and events
The brainchild behind the business, Laura Prince, graduated from Liverpool John Moores University in 2000 specialising in Physical Education and Dance with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and fast forwarding on to 2005 Laura was awarded Advanced Skills Status (AST) for dance, a national recognition of the UK’s most outstanding teachers.
On achieving Advanced Skills Status Laura was seconded to North Tyneside LEA for two days a week as an AST and co-ordinator for Dance. Within this role she was responsible for delivering Advisory work and CPD to primary, secondary and special schools across North Tyneside and neighbouring LEAs, to students on the Northumbria University PE SCITT and the North Tyneside Early Years SCITT courses as well as at various conferences.
The aims of the educational dance services that Laura and her team provide are to:
- Increase teachers’ confidence and competence in the delivery of dance through the provision of high quality dance CPD, teacher support and dance schemes of work and resources.
- To demonstrate to schools and teachers that any theme or subject in the curriculum can be taught successfully through the medium of creative educational dance. Via themed creative dance workshops, choreography and the dance schemes of work and resources.
- Nurture and develop children’s creativity and passion for dance through innovative and exciting schemes of work and creative educational dance programmes.
This partnership enables First Call Teachers registered Staff and partner Schools access to discounted and often fully subsidised services from LP Dance in Education.